Bitcoin has and still is one of the best investments of many peoples’ lives. Bitcoin has risen more than $7000 in value just this year alone!
So as experts recommend, you should get into the action immediately. The price scares many people because they think you have to buy an entire Bitcoin. But that is not the case, you can buy a fraction of a Bitcoin, meaning that you could acquire some Bitcoin for as little as $5 or less.
The easiest place to do so is at Coinbase, a very beginner friendly website.
You can use this special promo link provided for useacoin.com to receive an extra $10 worth of Bitcoin if you buy for $100+: https://www.coinbase.com/join/59e096056d5fb601d6f629d7
It can be overwhelming for new Bitcoin users because your digital currency is stored in a digital wallet on a computer. But because this might be difficult for some people, Coinbase actually stores your digital currency for you. Therefore it is recommended to enable the different security options Coinbase offers for your account.
Buy your first Bitcoin or fraction of Bitcoin
- To get started with buying your first Bitcoin or fraction of Bitcoin, simply click this promo link and get a sweet deal in the process:
You will land on the Coinbase registration page saying that “Tree” (useacoin.com) has invited you.
- Now simply fill out the information and create your account!
- When you have created your account, go to the Buy/Sell tap in the top of you
- Choose your payment method, Credit cards are by far the easiest method for beginners, but the fees are a bit higher than bank transfer. To complete setting up your payment method, complete the verification steps provided by Coinbase.
- You are now ready to buy your first Bitcoin! Simply click on Bitcoin under “Buy” if it isn’t chosen by default. You will have a weekly spending limit of about €325, which will go up over time. As you can see I have €91 remaining to spend this week.
- Now choose the amount you wish to spend, Coinbase will instantly calculate the amount of Bitcoin you will receive for the amount you choose. When you decide on your amount, click “Buy Bitcoin Instantly”. Then click “Confirm Buy”.
- After confirming your purchase, go back to your “Dashboard” and check out “Recent Activity” in the bottom right of your screen. At first, your transaction will be pending because the transaction has to be verified, just wait a bit and it will arrive.
8. Congratulations you now own Bitcoin. You can see how much Bitcoin you have in “Your Portfolio” and how much it is worth in dollars. Now your investment will follow the price of Bitcoin. If Bitcoin goes 7% up in value over two days, your investment does the same. If you wish to transfer your bitcoin to another wallet or make a payment. Go the “Accounts” tab and click “Send” on your BTC Wallet. If you want to receive Bitcoin click “Receive”.
I have greyed out different values on the screenshots for security reasons. If you have huge investments, some people recommend storing your Bitcoin in a digital wallet on your own computer or on a hardware wallet as this will give you 100% control over your digital currency. But for most beginners it is probably safer to store them at Coinbase rather than trying to handle them yourself if you don’t know what you are doing.